I met with Dr. G today to discuss the results of the placental pathology done in the beginning of December. I held so much hope for that.
Basically--it showed no cause for any of it (though the first appeared to be a chromosomal abnormality).
This is somewhat good, knowing that there isn't an additional problem. At the time I was counting on this to be the only problem. Then I had that blasted HSG.
I told Dr. G what the HSG looked like. She said that in her experience, it is highly unlikely that a blockage that severe is a result of scar tissue after only 3 D&Cs. She feels that we're most likely looking at a septate uterus (with a complete septum between the two horns) or (most likely) a unicornuate uterus (and yes, in the car afterward, I did tell my husband I was pretty sure she said a unicorn ate my uterus because I am just that kind of dumbass). We have to wait on the results of the MRI to know for sure, though it may not be definitive and she reccomends a 3D ultrasound, or if I can't get one then laporoscopy. She also highly reccomends I contact an RE who deals with structural abnormalities of the uterus and gestational surrogacy because if the unicorn did eat my uterus, it's just not large enough and I will miscarry repeatedly and am at a significantly higher risk for second trimester fetal death.
Good things to hear. You can imagine my mood. And my husband, of course, says that since it's going to cost a lot of money for either surrogacy or adoption that there are other things he would much rather do and why not just wait a few years. We're still young (he'll be 29 in May, I'll be 28 in July). Of course, having fallen so deeply in love with my first 3 children within the few short weeks I carried each of them, I don't want to keep waiting. It's just not an option. Am really starting to think my husband and I may need to see a counselor together. Because I can't keep crying. I just can't do it.