Miss W -->

 
   Tuesday, March 14, 2006  



Since the birth of the lowercase, I haven't let myself take time to think about how much weight I had gained. I haven't stepped on a scale since before I became pregnant. My last known weight was around 110-115. I was wearing a size 4 or 6 depending on the style and clothing brand.

Since delivery, I'm still wearing my knock-off Juicy tracksuit. I have one pair of track pants that I bought at Target, size Medium, that also fit. Obviously I haven't even considered pulling out my size 4 jeans. That would just be crazy.

I truthfully don't know how much I weigh and am frightened to find out. I'm guessing it's somewhere between 130 and 140 but that's a truly arbitrary guess.

And I want to take the weight off. BUT...with the issues that I've had with milk production, I'm afraid to mess with my caloric intake too much (FYI, I increased the Reglan to 2/day and it's back up; will soon alternate 1 and 2 pill days until things stabilize, then back to 1/day for a while).

I was excited over the weekend when the temperature rose to the upper 50s/low 60s. We bundled up the lowercase and put him in his stroller for a nice walk around the neighborhood. I was winded after 30 minutes, but I felt so good! Of course, today there are snow flurries. Not anything that's even come close to sticking just an occasional flake floating by the window. Thank you Western NY and your damned lakes!

So...what's a girl to do? I can't handle living in sweats forever and I'd like to fit into some of my summer clothes once it gets warm. My college roommate is coming to visit in April and I really can't stand the thought of her seeing me the way I look now. Not that she would care because she's one of the least superficial people I know, but I would feel better. I was putting some photos in albums the other day and saw some of me when I was in college and damn was I skinny. Granted I lost 15 my freshman year (90 lbs) and had an accidental relapse of my high school eating habits (I didn't eat) during my junior year and dropped to 87 lbs (incidentally that low was reached after the weekend I met Mr. W in NYC -- too much walking around Manhattan and kissing to remember to eat!).

Still, I need to get this weight off or it could be years before I do. I know me. I get lazy. I get comfortable. I don't do it. What is a good plan for a mom with milk supply issues who really can't screw around with her diet too much and a baby who still eats every 3 hours (corrected age almost 9 weeks and STILL not increasing his amount per feeding enough to go more than 3 hours between)? I have a mom and baby yoga dvd that I just bought but haven't had time to do yet. I honestly don't have much time for anything.

My daily schedule looks like this:

9:00-9:05 -- Diaper.
9:05-9:15/30(ish) -- Nurse.
9:15/30(ish)-10(ish) -- Bottle feed.
10(ish)-10:15/30(ish) -- Pump.
Play with the baby, go to the bathroom, eat, etc.
12:00 repeat the cycle...and again at 3...and 6...and 9...

So...where do I find the time for me in there? The time to "exercise" and pay attention to my diet? And take a bath and brush my teeth?

   [ posted  @ 3:03 PM ] [ Post a Comment ] [ View Comments (5) ]
   [ E-mail this Post ]



  Comments about my post, "":
Right now I say don't worry about the weight. Your body changes after you are pregnant anyway. You might get down to the exact same weight and those size 4 jeans may still not fit. Just make sure to eat a balanced, healthy diet and it will all work out in the end. I never worry about losing the weight until after I finish nursing. Usually that means I still have 5-10 to lose, but I don't worry about it.
I have 4 month old twins so I have similar time issues, although they are feeding much better than little lowercase seems to be. I found that breastfeeding took off most of my weight, but it's distributed differently now. I've lost weight over my whole body except for my tummy, where it's all settled. I have started gym (with child care) and feel much better. It's hard to get out regularly, but it helps to at least have a good intention!
Don't go crazy over your eating habits and weight right now. As a former anorexic, I know you can stress yourself right into a relapse of old eating problems.
Relax, enjoy Lowercase, and try to make small changes. A salad at lunch, boiled eggs at breakfast, etc.
A lactation consultant recently told me that if you keep b-feeding past 6 mos., weight will come off more quickly. Don't know if this is just something she says to get people to keep b-feeding, but I like to believe it's true. Know what you mean about the lack of time...not to mention lack of energy to put into working out, even if I did have the time!
I have an 11 week old who sometimes still eats every 2 hours, and I have a lot of the same scheduling issues, although I gave up on nursing and now just pump and give bottles, and occasional formula. So good for you for keeping up with that. I know how hard it is.
I agree that it's a little soon to be worrying about losing weight. I do have some advice though about the meals thing; I hope it helps a little.
Try to wake up before l/c and have a Big Nutritious Breakfast. Then have snacky food that you can eat with one hand throughout the day, either when you get a spare minute or while you're also doing something else. Fruit or cut-up veggies; crackers maybe with cut up cheese you prepare ahead, things like that. Hard-boiled eggs, if you can stomach those. Then when Mr. W. is home, let him take a bottle-feeding shift, if he doesn't already. It does take some planning ahead, but it works pretty well.
There's another issue of needing down time to keep from getting frazzled, but I don't know any cure for that, except to forge ahead until about 13 weeks, adjusted. You're almost there.
Keep up the good work!
Roxanna


 
[=
Archives=]
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
May 2010
June 2010
March 2011
April 2011
August 2011


[=Links=]
A Little Pregnant
Barren Mare
Broken or Not
BrooklynGirl
Chez Miscarriage
Fractured Fairytale
Hardscrabble
Here Be Hippogriffs
Horkin Ramblings
Never Ever Late
One Pink Line
The RE's Muse
Scrambled Eggs
So Close
Uncommon Misconception
The Unproductive Reproductive
Wasted Birth Control


[=Powered By=]


[=Designed By=]


Customized by Miss W
Scripts / Code by "Mr. W"


Send Miss W. E-Mail!